At around 7-8 years, your pet will be on the way to becoming a senior citizen and may begin to show signs of age-related disorders. One of the common conditions can be behaviour changes. This will typically include disorientation, house soiling, irregular sleeping patterns, reduced interaction and decreased activity. We all think this is just a face of life, however studies have shown that this can be helped with a nutritional support.
Logic® Senilife for dogs is specifically designed to help age-related behavioural problems.
A dog that reaches the age of 7 is considered senior. Putting them on a supplement that supports them in areas which suffer as they age can be beneficial for them.
- A delay in recognising places, objects and people.
- Staring into space or standing in corners.
- Increased/decreased vocalisation.
Interaction changes (with people or other pets):
- Reduced enthusiasm to play or greet.
- Loss of learned commands.
- Losing interest quickly.
- Less sociable, more irritable or aggressive with other animals.
- Less able to cope with novel experiences.
Sleeping behavioural changes:
- Increased sleeping during the day and less at night.
- The dog not alerting you that they need to go outside to toilet, e.g. not waiting by the right door.
- Toileting in unusual places.
- Being less adaptable to change.
- Increased anxiety to stimuli, places or people.
- More likely to develop phobias (e.g. to noise).
- Pacing, howling, barking or acting in a confused manner.
- Snapping at air.
- Decreased exploration/activity/play.
Logic Senilife contains a unique combination of ingredients that are proven to help support signs of brain ageing in dogs. It contains 3 essential brain nutrients as well as natural antioxidants to help manage age-related behavioural problems in dogs.
In a clinical study* after just 7 days:
- > 50% of dogs showed improvement in levels of tiredness, apathy and playfulness.
- > 70% of dogs were less prone to howl or bark at night.
After 30 days:
- 95% of dogs showed fewer signs associated with brain ageing.
- 86% of pet owners were satisfied with the results.
- Photphatidylserine – maintains integrity of the nerve cell membranes in the brain.
- Vitamin B6 – aids neurotransmitter function.
- Vitamin E – a powerful antioxidant which plays a significant role in maintaining brain function.
- Resveratrol – a natural antioxidant proven to help neutralise free radicals and reduce amyloid deposits.
The capsule can be given whole or the top the capsule can be snipped off and the contents mixed into the dog’s food.
*Isaka N, Baysse B, Lopez A, Oraert P, Penaliggon J. (2009). Benefits of a novel nutraceutical (Senilife) in the management of early signs of brain ageing in dogs and cats. Proceedings Companion Animal Behaviour Therapy Study Group.