Over time your dog’s teeth can have a buildup of plaque, very much like our own would if we did not brush them. Bad breath is often the first sign of oral hygiene problems and It is estimated that 80% of all dogs and cats over three years of age have dental disease.
Tooth brushing is known to be the single most effective way of removing plaque. If left untreated, the gums become detached from the tooth forming ‘pockets’ which predispose to further plaque build up. This represents the first stage of periodontitis (inflammation of the gums and supporting structures of the teeth). Early stage periodontitis can be REVERSIBLE with professional descaling, polishing and subsequent home care.
In the absence of appropriate care, the progression of periodontitis causes gum recession and destruction of the tooth’s supporting structures. This may result in root exposure, abscess formation and teeth becoming loose or falling out. Advanced stages of periodontitis are IRREVERSIBLE and may require tooth extraction.
The Logic dental range is designed to assist in minimising this process.
Logic Oral Hygiene Gel is for all dogs as they can all be affected by dental disease.
It is the ideal toothpaste with which to get into an oral care routine with your young dog as it can be used from 3 months of age. For more information on brushing your puppy’s teeth click here.
Remember that prevention is better than cure! Check the condition of your dog’s teeth and gums regularly.
- Plaque on the teeth/discoloured teeth
- Redness of the gums
- Smelly breath
If you notice any of these, a check up with your vet is advisable and beginning a regular dental regime is also likely to be necessary.
Logic® Oral Hygiene Gel is different to normal toothpaste as it helps to prevent the formation of dental plaque and fight bad breath. Based on a multi-enzyme patented system, Logic Oral Hygiene Gel supplements the animal’s own defence mechanisms to help fight harmful bacteria in the mouth.
Logic Oral Hygiene Gel’s multi-enzyme formula helps maintain a normal balance of micro organisms in the mouth whilst the mild abrasives help break down existing plaque. The gel also contains a surfactant which ensures that the active ingredients remain in contact with the teeth and gums.
Logic Gel is unique as it works with or without brushing and is a highly palatable
Formulation which is well accepted by both cats and dogs.
- Once daily administration, ideally after your pet’s last meal of the day
- Administer about 1cm for cats and small dogs, 2cm for dogs less than 20kg and 5cm for dogs over 20kg
- Daily brushing is the single most effective means of removing plaque and is therefore highly recommended for optimal results
- Every tube of Logic Oral Hygiene Gel
contains a fingerbrush to aid application
- If brushing isn’t possible, then Logic Oral Hygiene Gel can also be used without brushing. Options include:
- Apply directly onto the teeth and gums using a finger and/or the applicator nozzle within each pack
- For cats where access to the mouth isn’t possible, apply onto the top of the paw for the cat to lick off